cut and edged panels
By operating both a Homag single and double sided edgebanding lines, we have the power and flexibility to deal with low, medium and large batch quantities for your projects.
Our highly specified machines, Industry 4.0 networking and skilled operators, ensures the highest possible quality to your decorative components.
Edgebanding can be applied to a variety of substrates including postformed elements with corner rounding facilities.
All our shaped and edged panels are machined using our Homag BAZ and Centetaq machine centres. We are able to shape the panel, add any drilling detail required and then edge it, all in one pass.
high performance edgebanding
Here at Starbank we are always at the forefront when it comes to offering our customers the very latest technologies in panel production. As we have always prided ourselves on the quality of the products produced, we supply PUR bonded edging on all our straight edge panels as standard under our PURedge® brand.
PUR Edgebanding benefits
PUR (Polyurethane Reactive) glue edgbanding technology is the ultimate solution where high bond strength and moisture resistance are required. This high bond strength (chemical cross link) is maintained for panels that are to be used in wet or humid environments, whereas alternate systems would not be suitable. The manufacturing capabilities of PUR adheisive allow us to bond:
- Component thickness up to 60mm *
- ABS, 3D Acrylic and veneer coil material
- Solid timber edges up to 20mm width
- 44mm & 54mm Solid core fire doors
- Wide choice of solid hardwood finishes available
- Wide choice of HPL edging
- Edging application before or after face laminating
* (Please check with the sales office at the time of enquiry)
types of edgebanding
ABS & 3D Acrylic Edgebanding
- Available in 1, 2, and 3mm thicknesses.
- Widths from 12 mm up to 60mm.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Excess recycled on site.
- A choice of species up to 20mm width.
- Panel thickness up to 60mm.
- Density and moisture checked if required.
- Square or radius face.
- Grooving and rebating available.
shaped and edged panels
- Two state of the art Homag CNC machines capable of shaped & edged panels.
- We can edge our shaped panels with: 1, 2 & 3mm ABS, 3D Acrylic as well as veneer.
- Precision hairline joints between the start and end of the edging.
veneer edged panels
- A wide variety of species available in coil format.
- Matches for popular face veneers.
- Multi layered options are available to produce a thicker overall edge profile.
our dedicated edgebanding technology
Homag KAL 310 edgebander
The Homag KAL 310 single edgebander has a PUR adhesive system installed. This allows us to offer the highest quality throughout our edge banding division.
This machine is capable of edging panel thickness from 10mm up to 60mm thick in either ABS, 3D Acrylic or veneer edge banding via coil.
The advantage of the single edgebander is that it allows us to edge multiple sized panels at the same time. There is no need to change the set up to suit each of the panel size changes.
Homag KAL 526 edgebander
The Homag KAL 526 is our double edgebanding machine. It utilises the PUR adhesive system and state of the art barcoding technology; producing exceptional, high quality panels.
This machine ensures lean processes by simultaneously edging two sides with material up to 60mm thick and from 0.4mm to 20mm wide hardwood.
Our Shield fire doors are lipped using this technology, proving it can edge band to the highest level of specification required in the interior fit-out industries.
01925 223 965
Starbank Panel Products Ltd © 2021