Main purpose of the job:
To cut and shape precision products, from a core board to a finished or workable product.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that the CNC program meets the desired specification of the customer’s requirements.
- To review the drawing before proceeding with the task.
- If errors are found the programme must be changed before incurring heavy production costs.
- All programmes should be tested before machining large quantities.
- Safely load materials on to the machine to be cut either with the lift or manual help.
- Constantly monitor the readouts from the CNC control module, checking to see if any problems exist.
- During the machine process carry out any alterations to the cutting program that may be required.
- Be aware and listen out for a dull cutting tool noise or excessive vibration.
- Remove and replace dull cutting tools.
- Ensure that the work piece when finished is stacked safely.
- Ensure that the finished work piece is moved to the next appropriate department.
- Ensure that production demands are met and deliveries are up to date.
- Constant communication with the supervisor informing them of progress/problems.
- To ensure that all work is fully completed and to a high standard.
- Ensure that you comply with Starbank’s General House Rules.
- Ensure that at all times you wear the correct PPE that has been provided to you.
Required skills, knowledge & experience:
- Basic knowledge of computers and electronics necessary.
- Computer numerical control.
- Basics of programming.
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role
- Basic H & S Knowledge.
- First Aid Awareness or other provision made.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Reliable and flexible approach to shift work and overtime.
- Well organised.
- High concentration levels with an eye for accuracy.
- Able to meet deadlines set by the supervisor.
- Able to work using own initiative with experience.
- Self Development.
You may be asked to carry out additional tasks within your capability, in order to meet the needs of the business.
Full training will be provided.
Hours of Work:
36 hrs per week
Monday – Thursday: 20:00 – 06:00
£17.06 per hour for those aged 21+
- 33 days holiday (pro-rata) which includes bank holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Health Cash Plan which includes counselling
- Death in service
- Free car parking
- Enhanced company contributions to individual pension schemes
- Long service holiday awards
If you feel you have the qualities to succeed in this position then please apply with a covering letter and current CV using the link below.
Closing date: Friday 27th June 2022.
Start date: July 2022
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.