Main purpose of the Job
To assist in the goods-in area, utilising FLT to unload deliveries and place in the correct storage facility including booking in the products on a computerised system.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To report any health and safety issues immediately to their team leader or manager.
- Report any faults or machinery defects to their team leader immediately, complete a maintenance log form or hazard report.
- Carry out any reasonable tasks set by their team leader.
- Carry out daily FLT checks before use, signing them as verified.
- Ensure safe use of FLT batteries, topping up water levels using the correct PPE.
- Use of the computerised booking in system to record deliveries and enter them into stock
- Good confident verbal communication to customers and suppliers regarding deliveries/collections
- Strong product knowledge.
- Operation of the storage retrieval system (training provided).
- Returning any unsafe loads to the supplier after an assessment of safety.
- Returning any damaged or incorrect goods to the supplier after speaking to the account manager.
- Ensuring that the goods are sent to the correct department with appropriate paperwork.
Required skills, knowledge & experience:
- Basic H&S knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Competent in the use of computers.
- Full Counterbalance FLT licence in date and with previous experience.
- Ability to work alone and prioritise workload.
- Ability to inform all levels of the company of any issues or concerns regarding deliveries, reading and understanding the delivery paperwork.
- Organisation skills
- Enthusiasm to work overtime.
- Loyalty, Commitment, Confidence, Punctuality.
You may be asked to carry out additional tasks within your capability, in order to meet the needs of the business.
Full training will be provided.
Fridays: 08:00 AM – 14.45 PM
18-20: £7.85 per hour
21 & over: £13.47 Training Rate, increasing to £14.88 once trained and proficient in the role.
- 33 days holiday (pro-rata) which includes bank holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Health Cash Plan which includes counselling
- Death in service
- Free car parking
- Enhanced company contributions to individual pension schemes
- Long service holiday awards
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.