Main purpose of the job:
The main purpose of the role is to finish, pack and palletise product ready for despatch to the customer. An important aspect of this role is to undertake a final quality control check before delivery.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Fitting a variety of inserts into decorative panel components prior to assembly or despatch.
- Packing of individual components using various packaging materials and shrink-wrap machine.
- Wrap and secure palletised product prior to despatch to the customer to ensure safe transit.
- Quality check all products, reporting any none-conformances via the quality procedure.
- Use of the digital WiPS booking system to record live progress tracking updates for customer orders.
- Assisting in the assembly department on occasions when required.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks set by their supervisor.
- To report any health and safety issues immediately to their supervisor or manager.
- Report any faults or machinery defects to their supervisor immediately, complete a maintenance log form or hazard report.
- Good confident verbal communication to customers and suppliers regarding deliveries/collections
- Develop a strong product knowledge
Required skills, knowledge & experience:
- Basic H&S knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work alone and prioritise workload
- Ability to inform all levels of the company of any issues or concerns regarding deliveries
- Reading and understanding the customer order paperwork and drawings
- Organisation skills
- Enthusiasm to work overtime.
- Loyalty, Commitment, Confidence, Punctuality.
You may be asked to carry out additional tasks within your capability, in order to meet the needs of the business.
Full training will be provided.
18-20: £7.85 per hour
21 & over: £12.07 per hour
- 33 days holiday (pro-rata) which includes bank holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Health Cash Plan which includes counselling
- Death in service
- Free car parking
- Enhanced company contributions to individual pension schemes
- Long service holiday awards
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.